Unknow Coins

Welcome to my Coin blog. It seems this site is going to be my unknown coin page so what I am going to be doing is loading up Photos of a huge amount of coins I can not Identify for various reasons, such as no legends or I am having a tough time making out what type of coin IE Roman, Greek. So please if you can ID any of these coins please post what you may think so I can add them to my records, even if it comes down to just making a general id. So please follow this blog as I will be adding a serious amount of photos, Ive been just skipping over them and now there's a rather large pile of them.

Best Wishes, and thank you so very much.

Kevin

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Maximinus II

Maximinus II "Daza" Jupiter Saves Maximinus II 305-313 AD Large Follis
Obv. MAXIMINVS PF AVG Laureate head right
Rev. IOVI CONSERVSTORI AVGG Jupiter standing left, Holding Victory and Sceptre at feet left and Eagle with wreath in its beak.
EX. dot SM dot TS delta
Mint: Thessalonica 313 AD
RIC VI 47a page 517

No comments:

Post a Comment